What's it Like Working With Play-Well
Have you ever had a job that was so much fun, it didn’t really feel like work?
- Explore the world.
- Express ourselves.
- Solve problems.
The reason for Play-Well TEKnologies’ success has been our amazingly talented, creative, dedicated employees. We are always looking for the next great instructor! Every day, more and more schools and recreation centers are requesting our classes and camps. We are constantly seeking smart, creative, dynamic people to help fill this demand. We are also looking for instructors who can use their particular backgrounds and interests to enhance the classroom environment. Our instructors have had backgrounds in engineering, education, non-profits, law, the arts. This is a wonderful opportunity to add a distinctive and memorable teaching experience to your resume!
Job QualificationsOur instructors should have:
- 2 years of experience working with school-age children.
- flexible schedule with availability between 1:00PM and 5:00PM during the school year. - During the summer, must be available to work from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
- vehicle to transport the Play-Well teaching kit.
- dependability, promptness, and flexibility.
- good rapport with children.
- the ability to maintain discipline while directing the design and building experience.
- thorough understanding of basic scientific and engineering principles.
- love of tinkering and problem solving.
- bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or teaching-related field is desired (open to undergrad and graduate students, with completed degrees or degrees-in-progress).
- secure place to store Play-Well teaching kit.
- ability to carry 60 lb. bins on a consistent basis.
- an inquisitive, fun-loving personality. We like people who are curious about how things work!
Classes are usually scheduled between 1:00PM and 5:00PM during the school year; and between 9:00AM and 5:00PM during the summer. If selected as an instructor, you will start as an assistant instructor while you train, and run your own classes only after you have mastered the curriculum. Expect to work up to 5 days/15 hours a week during the school year, and between 30-40 hours a week during the summer. Expect to work one weekend a month as well.
$17.00 - $20.00/Hour based on experience.
We are looking for instructors in 18 states. Click the "Apply Now!" button to view the Job Application and see if we are hiring in your area.
We are seeking dynamic, motivated coordinators to bring more of our awesome programs to more young engineers in each of these areas:
- Dallas / Ft Worth
- New Jersey
- New York
These part-time positions involve teaching in after-school enrichment programs, birthday parties, and summer camps, presenting our program at schools and community centers, seeking out new clients and developing program growth in the area. If there are enough programs available, the position also includes hiring new instructors, training and evaluating them in our quality programs, and scheduling all staff for upcoming programs.
Skills And Competencies
- Self-motivated, extremely well organized, goal focused; able to work autonomously - a self-starter.
- Able to stay organized in a home office; excellent follow through.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy relationships through communication with Play-Well management, facility directors, parents, guardians and students.
- Able to quickly and tactfully respond to questions/concerns from parents, classroom instructors and clients.
- Able to instill calm during high energy classroom situations.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Access to email and cell phone communication.
- Word, Excel, cloud computing.
- Data entry and database management.
- Ability to learn and comprehend all internal IT systems.
Education / Experience / Requirements
- Passion for LEGO and kids
- Must be living in or willing to move to the geographic area that you are applying to
- Educational backgrounds vary. Coursework and/or professional experience in Education, Engineering, Construction, Performance Arts or a related subject. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Successful history working with children in a teaching capacity.
- Work history varies; proficient in classroom instruction, management, training, employee relations, public relations, business and marketing preferred.
- Travel to classes in local area; travel locally or nationally as necessary.
- Reliable transportation a must; secure location to store LEGO kits.
- Lifting up to 50# to store and stock materials; bending, stooping and crawling with children during class instruction.
- Must pass all background and health tests as a condition of employment.
15-20 hours per week during the school year; 30-40 hours per week during the summer
Varies by location. See the appliction for details.
We are looking for instructor/coordinators in Colorado, Dallas/Fort Worth, New York, and New Jersey. Click the "Apply Now!" button to view the Job Application.
Assistants at our summer camps can be the difference between a great camp, and an absolutely fantastic camp. Play-Well is looking for responsible, hardworking people to help make our camps the best they can be. Assistants help our instructors with any number of tasks, including classroom management (taking attendance, bathroom breaks, snack time), kit organization and maintenance (set-up, sorting LEGO® pieces, clean-up), and helping campers with their projects (pre-building models, helping campers build). Most of all, our Summer Assistants must be ready to take direction from our instructors so that our camps are as educational, safe, and FUN as possible.
QualificationsOur assistants should:
- be at least 14 years of age (or older in some areas).
- have reliable transportation.
- have a flexible summer schedule, available full-time for at least 8 weeks, and preferably available full-time for all 10 weeks.
- have experience working with children.
- be dependabe, and prompt.
- be able to lift 30 - 50 lbs.
- have interest in engineering and architecture.
- have experience building with LEGO®.
During the summer, part time, 20 - 40 hours per week . You should be available to begin training immediately.
$8.00 - $11.00/Hour, depending on experience and availability.
We are looking for assistants in 18 states. Click the "Apply Now!" button to view the Job Application and see if we are hiring in your area.
Sales/Customer Relations Specialist
Sales/Customer Relations Specialists help run our centers smoothly. This includes greeting customers; answering their questions about camps, classes, parties and merchandise; processing purchase transactions; assisting instructors; and keeping the centers clean and organized. The position also includes various LEGO®-related tasks, such as organizing pieces, building projects, and helping students build their projects. A strong passion for engineering, working with children and/or building with LEGO® is a must.
QualificationsOur Sales/Customer Relations Specialists should have:
- reliable transportation.
- a flexible schedule.
- experience working with children.
- dependability, promptness.
- interest in engineering and architecture.
- experience with LEGO®.
- the ability to lift 30 - 50 lbs.
- classroom management experience a plus (camp leader, TA, etc).
10 - 20 Hours/Week
Play-Well Marin: 216 Greenfield Avenue San Anselmo CA 94960
Play-Well Pleasanton: 5737 Valley Ave, Pleasanton CA 94588
$8.00 - $12.00/Hour, depending on experience and availability
Click the "Apply Now!" button to view the Job Application and see if we are hiring in your area.